This year (2017) we introduced a NEW event, cycling across the English countryside from the west coast at Whitehaven to the east coast at Whitby. This event is aimed at novice to intermediate cyclists who are confident on their bike to ride up to 50 miles per day. You will cycle across The Lake District National Park, The Yorkshire Dales National Park and the North York Moors National Park. Amongst the undulating roads through miles of beautiful countryside and some busier town roads, there will also be some challenging hills, but you can go at your own pace and we are there to support you.
NEW DATES: 11-15 JUNE 2018
Meet at Whitby on day 1 where you will meet the group, leave your vehicle in a local school car park and be transferred together with your bike and luggage to the start at Whitehaven. Accommodation will be provided in a local hotel.
The following morning, the ride will start by dipping your back wheel into the Irish Sea before setting off east across the country.
Each day will consist of between 30 and 55 miles riding with snack, lunch and water stops provided. The aim will be to finish each day with time to explore the town or area and enjoy the evening, where you can choose your own venue for food. Accommodation will be provided every night in a variety of hotels, pubs and guesthouses.
The final day will culminate in Whitby with a ceremonial tyre dipping in the North Sea and plenty of photographs to celebrate your achievement! You can choose to stay and celebrate with newly made friends or head back home.
- Andy will lead the ride every day and be there to support and encourage you throughout the trip. He is an extremely experienced cyclist having led cycle trips all over the world including many charity rides in the UK and is a member of the Association of British Cycle Coaches, so you will be in safe hands!
- Emma will sort out all your luggage and accommodation and be there for any problems. She will ensure you have food and drink at the appropriate stops and be cheering you on!
- 4 night’s accommodation
- Lunch and snacks days 1 to 4 of the ride
- A specially designed Coast 2 Coast cycle top
- Transport from Whitehaven to Whitby
- Parking for your car for the duration of the trip
- A 1 hour train ride on Day 3 on the Wensleydale Railway, a heritage line across parts of the Yorkshire Dales National Park
What’s expected of you:
- To bring your own road bike and helmet and appropriate cycle kit
- A level of fitness sufficient for you to ride 50 miles per day on a hilly route
- Pay for and provide your own evening meal/drinks
The cost is £675 per person. A deposit of £200 is required upon booking with the remainder to be paid 21 days prior to the event.
“Wonderfully exhilarating; certainly challenging; amazingly rewarding! Emma and Andy provided the perfect supportive and encouraging environment to offer a cycling trip which both challenges the serious cyclist and encourages the less experienced…
Emma and Andy provided excellent support and encouragement in every respect from Emma’s cheery greeting and welcome lunch breaks, coffee breaks and transportation of luggage beyond the call of duty to Andy’s cycling expertise and superb guidance. We were exceptionally well looked after and cannot recommend this trip highly enough for the cycling enthusiast.” Jane (Coast 2 Coast 2017 Rider)
“Thank you so much Emma and Andy for the most amazing 4 days! Your attention to details, support, motivation & bag carrying etc were the best we have experienced. Thank you so much.” Dawn (Coast 2 Coast 2017 Rider)