Doing your DofE with an Open Group
There are many reasons why young people need to join an open group and an added advantage is that you will also get to meet new people and hopefully begin new friendships.
|Dates||Level||Practice or Qualifier||Location||Cost||Availability|
|17-21 July 2018||Gold||Qualifier||Lake District||£275||Spaces available|
|23-27 July 2018||Gold||Practice||Lake District||£275||4 spaces left|
|23-27 July 2018||Gold||Qualifier||Lake District||£275||Sorry – now full!|
|21-25 August 2018||Gold||Qualifier||Lake District||£275||3 spaces left|
Your group will be given a highly qualified instructor that will work with you for the duration of the practice and be dedicated to your training. You will be supported every step of the way ensuring that all the skills you need are taught and that you are given every opportunity to develop in confidence.
We will provide for you:
- A pre-expedition information pack sent by email with everything you need to know about your expedition: including information on how to get to the venue and a complete kit list.
- Accommodation throughout the expedition which will either be in a campsite or wild camping.
- Comprehensive training covering all aspects of the DofE syllabus, therefore you do not need any experience or have done any training prior to joining the expedition.
- On completion of one of your practice expedition, you will have all aspects of training signed off (providing that you meet the required standard).
- A dedicated instructor for your group throughout the expedition.
- Accredited Assessors for the qualifying expedition. They are there to ensure you meet the required standards but in a relaxed and supportive environment.
- An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
- A FREE pick-up and drop off at the nearest train station
You need to arrange:
- Transport to and from the expedition or nearest train station. We will give you advice on the easiest way to get to the start of your expedition.
- Equipment. We will give you a comprehensive kit list plus be able to recommend a hire company for any kit you don’t wish to buy.
- All of your own food, but we will give you as much advice on this as you need.
There must be a minimum of 6 people for the course to run. A deposit of £50 is required on booking, along with the booking form. The remainder should be paid 21 days prior to the expedition.
“I would recommend First 4 Adventure to anyone wanting to do DofE independently…. following the expedition on twitter and seeing the pictures was also great and something we had never had before. I can’t thank you both enough.” Raymond, Dad of Gold Qualifier Participant
“Just thought I’d say thank you again for the practice and qualifying expeditions. They were a lot of fun & I’ll definitely be keeping in contact with the others! & I’ll definitely be recommending you.” Louis, Gold Open Practice & Qualifier