Doing your DofE with an Open Group
There are many reasons why young people need to join an open group and an added advantage is that you will also get to meet new people and hopefully begin new friendships.
|Dates||Level||Practice or Qualifier||Location||Cost||Availability|
|16-21 July 2018||Gold||Training & Practice||River Trent||£350||Spaces available|
|20-24 August 2018||Gold||Qualifier||Norfolk Broads||£350||Spaces available|
Your group will be given a highly qualified instructor that will work with you for the duration of the training and practice and be dedicated to your progress. You will be supported every step of the way ensuring that all the skills you need are taught and that you are given every opportunity to develop in confidence.
We will provide for you:
- A pre-expedition information pack sent by email with everything you need to know about your expedition: including information on how to get to the venue and a complete kit list.
- Accommodation throughout the expedition which will either be in a campsite or wild camping.
- Comprehensive training covering all aspects of the DofE syllabus, therefore you do not need any experience or have done any training prior to joining the expedition.
- On completion of your practice expedition, you will have all aspects of training signed off (providing that you meet the required standard).
- A dedicated instructor for your group throughout the expedition.
- Accredited Assessors for the qualifying expedition. They are there to ensure you meet the required standards but in a relaxed and supportive environment.
- An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
Open canoe plus paddle, buoyancy aid, barrel to keep your kit dry. Camp site fees.
We can arrange tents and/or cookers, 0ne between two, but this will incur a cost of £20 (tents) or £13 (gas stove) per person.
You need to arrange:
- Transport to and from the expedition. We will give you advice on the easiest way to get to the start of your expedition. We can pick you up from the nearest train station.
- Equipment. We will give you a comprehensive kit list plus be able to recommend a hire company for any kit you don’t wish to buy.
- All of your own food, but we will give you as much advice on this as you need.
There must be a minimum of 6 people for the course to run. A deposit of £100 is required on booking, along with the booking form. The remainder should be paid 21 days prior to the expedition.
For those wishing to book their Open Practice and Open Qualifier with us, we can give a £25 reduction on the Qualifier cost.